Prunes and Prism

RULES FOR YOUNG LADIES: Some arch advice on snagging a husband. Exercising the mouth into a pretty shape through repetition of certain words seems to have been an indoor sport for young nineteenth-century girls; in Little Dorrit, Charles Dickens' overly bred girl repeats, "papa, potatoes, poultry, prunes and prism." (Merrycoz.org)

Saturday, May 13, 2006

We went to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden to live deliberately.



www.flickr.com








frostine99's photos tagged with botanicMore of frostine99's photos tagged with botanic



1 Comments:

Blogger frostine said...

I guess all the fresh Brooklyn air went straight to my brain, because in the course of posting the photos I had to republish the template, thus losing my Quote of the Day and my blogroll. I replaced the one and am working on the other forthwith.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home