Prunes and Prism

RULES FOR YOUNG LADIES: Some arch advice on snagging a husband. Exercising the mouth into a pretty shape through repetition of certain words seems to have been an indoor sport for young nineteenth-century girls; in Little Dorrit, Charles Dickens' overly bred girl repeats, "papa, potatoes, poultry, prunes and prism." (Merrycoz.org)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

help.

I feel like the scene in 2001 when the apes finally discover tools. Okay, I figured out how to get the photostream from Flickr up, and if you click on the "More of frostine99's photos" link, you should be able to see the vacation pictures (in reverse chronological order, so my swift descent into madness will be traceable only in reverse).

I also figured out how to title this link "Vacation Photos" ... but somehow it also looks as if I managed to bump the font size up, unless I'm hallucinating, and I'm unable to get rid of that ghastly Flickr error message in the Recent Posts sidebar. If anybody can offer advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Otherwise I'll be rocking back and forth in my French Provincial-furnished suite in outer space.

3 Comments:

Blogger frostine said...

Wow, that flickr thing in the sidebar totally works now! I guess I just can't load Flash at home, which is why I couldn't see it. The type's still too big, though.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Michael Lehet said...

I had an error at work...but that's becuase Flickr is blocked...at home it's fine.

Are you using the upload tool in flickr to get your pictures there? I learned the hard way as well, you need to go last first so they're in order. You'll learn next time : -)

5:50 PM  
Blogger frostine said...

Michael, I was looking at your pix of "The Boys" and overcome with nostalgia (and envy -- they travel a lot) because when I was in college some friends of mine had two dolls (not that your boys are just "dolls," mind you) called Rock Singer and Miss Mary, and we took them everywhere and loved them. Even when we accidentally burned them with cigarettes.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home