Prunes and Prism

RULES FOR YOUNG LADIES: Some arch advice on snagging a husband. Exercising the mouth into a pretty shape through repetition of certain words seems to have been an indoor sport for young nineteenth-century girls; in Little Dorrit, Charles Dickens' overly bred girl repeats, "papa, potatoes, poultry, prunes and prism." (Merrycoz.org)

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Les Jeux Sont Fait

Apparently I've been divorced since March 16, but wasn't aware of it until I opened yesterday's mail.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off-topic: Is there an RSS feed for your site?

7:26 PM  
Blogger frostine said...

You know, there isn't -- I'm so techno-challenged that it took a village just to get my blogroll up. I know other Blogger users can track their hits in a pretty detailed way, which interests me, but then learned helplessness sets in.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home